Assistant Curator, Design and Architecture
Assistant Curator, Design and Architecture (Ref:18140)Apply on or before:16/09/2018Working Location:Hong Kong Island (Cyberport Office)
You will be responsible for:
- supporting the curatorial team in all events and activities related to museum business and curatorial affairs with a focus on design and architecture;
- assisting in maintaining records of objects in museum collection, supporting and making acquisitions for the museum collection;
- independently researching given topics related to design and architecture and communicating findings to the curatorial team;
- assisting in writing, editing, and producing museum texts, including publications, wall texts, and object labels;
- working with all the curatorial areas including visual art, moving image, and the learning team in the above capacities when required; and
- contributing to the general development of the future M+, including the different stages of the programmes leading up to the opening of the museum building.
- possess a recognised university degree in Design, Architecture, Art History, Fine Arts or equivalent;
- have 4-5 years of experience in coordinating, planning and / or implementing exhibitions and other public programmes;
- demonstrate strong research skills and experience and ability to conduct research independently;
- have knowledge of 20th and 21st century design and architecture, in particular from Asia; and
- have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese, proficiency in Mandarin is an advantage.
For interested parties, please submit your application along with your CV on or before 16 September 2018 via online application or by mail quoting the reference number, name of the position, expected salary and your availability to:
Ms. Kiffany LeeWest Kowloon Cultural District AuthorityUnits 608-613, Level 6, Core C, Cyberport 3, 100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicants not being invited for interview within 4 weeks from 16 September 2018 may assume their applications unsuccessful.
All related information will be kept up to 24 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.
For more information
http://www.westkowloon.hk or contact
Ms. Kiffany Lee at 2200-0013