Senior Manager, Museum Retail Merchandising
Senior Manager, Museum Retail Merchandising (Ref:18149)Apply on or before:09/09/2018Working Location:Hong Kong Island (Cyberport Office)
Reporting to the Head, Museum Retail and Commerce, the role of Senior Manager, Museum Retail Merchandising is key to ensuring the delivery of a truly unique M+ cultural retail experience. Through the creation, purchase and vision of extraordinary product offerings that deliver an on-brand message and profits will be maximized, most importantly, the visitor experience will be enhanced.
You will be responsible for:
- working closely with the Head, Museum Retail & Commerce, develop and implement the museum’s product development, procurement and retail sales strategy for all retail outlets including online platforms;
- representing the retail merchandising function across the museum, understanding museum programmes and activities and identifying retail sales opportunities;
- managing overall retail budget, ensuring the allocation, spending and income are within the approved scope and for the best interest of M+;
- developing and maintaining the requisite structures, systems and procedures in order to facilitate the implementation of the agreed strategies;
- leading the team to manage the retail and buying activities, product development, supply chain, ecommerce and business development for the museum, aiming to drive the profitability through agreed strategies;
- driving the product development process, efficiently procuring and launching new products to align with the collections and activities of the museum;
- ensuring that core ranges of merchandise are procured efficiently, maximising sale and profitability and ensuring that they are aligned with the collections and activities of the museum;
- working with the retail sales manager to ensure the highest level of visual merchandising and window displays are achieved;
- developing sales and promotional programmes that maximizes sales opportunities with exhibitions, museum activities and customer seasonality while maximizing margins and minimizing mark downs to ensure inventory levels are always kept at acceptable levels;
- managing supplier relationships to ensure high service levels and optimum terms and conditions; and
- working with other departments to ensure smooth operations of the team.
- possess a recognised university degree in any disciplines;
- have at least 10 years of experience with multi-national lifestyle retailers which 5 years at managerial position;
- demonstrate strong project management skill, business acumen and numerical sense to drive large volume of retail and merchandising function;
- possess strong leadership capability and attributes which aim to deliver the best business result and team management;
- possess strong negotiation, influencing and collaboration skills, able to work with a number of stakeholders to drive result and achieve the targets; and
- have good communication skills, be proficient in both written and oral English and Chinese.
For interested parties, please submit your application along with your CV on or before 9 September 2018 via online application or by mail quoting the reference number, name of the position, expected salary and your availability to:
Ms. Michelle ChengWest Kowloon Cultural District AuthorityUnits 608-613, Level 6, Core C, Cyberport 3, 100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicants not being invited for interview within 4 weeks from 9 September 2018 may assume their applications unsuccessful.
All related information will be kept up to 24 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.
For more information
http://www.westkowloon.hk or contact
Ms. Michelle Cheng at 2200-0220