Buyer and Product Developer
Buyer and Product Developer (Ref:18143)Apply on or before:02/09/2018Working Location:Hong Kong Island (Cyberport Office)
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Museum Retail Merchandising, the role of Buyer and Product Developer is key to ensuring the delivery of a truly unique M+ cultural retail experience via a wide range of products. Through the creation and purchase of extraordinary product offerings that deliver an on-brand message, profits will be maximized, and the visitor experience will be enhanced.
You will be responsible for:
- working closely with the Senior Manager, Museum Retail Merchandising, developing and implementing the retail buying and product development strategy for the commodities including books, stationary and paper products;
- ensuring that the requisite structures, systems and procedures are in place to implement the buying and product development strategy;
- developing, procuring and managing core ranges of quality merchandise that are aligned with the collections, brand and activities of M+;
- creating new product development programmes for exhibitions, gallery openings and other activities within agreed deadlines.
- working closely with relevant stakeholders to gain collection insight for product development and comprehensive understanding of the programmes to develop suitable or seasonal products and meet customer and financial expectations;
- leading product training to respective parties for the product offerings knowledge education which helps enhancing customer’s experience and maximising sale opportunity;
- defining supplier’s requirements, terms of business, supply logistics and relationship management; and
- monitoring warehouse and stock supply to make sure timely information for stock availability and delivery.
- possess a recognised university degree in any disciplines;
- have at least 7 years of relevant experience working with renowned retailers with the specialisation in either books, stationary or paper products;
- possess experience managing a sizable buying function with a wide supplier base and sophisticated collaboration matrix;
- have proven track record of product development in museum or related organisation which successfully drive sales and revenue;
- demonstrate strong business acumen, project management, negotiation and influencing skills;
- be a good team player, creative, flexible, well-organised, presentable and result-driven; and
- possess good communication skills, proficient in both written and oral English and Chinese.
For interested parties, please submit your application along with your CV on or before 2 September 2018 via online application or by mail quoting the reference number, name of the position, expected salary and your availability to:
Ms. Michelle ChengWest Kowloon Cultural District AuthorityUnits 608-613, Level 6, Core C, Cyberport 3, 100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicants not being invited for interview within 4 weeks from 2 September 2018 may assume their applications unsuccessful.
All related information will be kept up to 24 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.
For more information
http://www.westkowloon.hk or contact
Ms. Michelle Cheng at 2200-0220