Junior Chef - Cuisine (IFC / Shek Mun Central Kitchen)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible but not limited to one section of the kitchen.
- Ensures quality food product is produced in a timely manner.
- Checks daily menu items to determine kind and quantity items to prepare.
- Assures all food items are prepared in an attractive and appetizing manner.
- Ensures the proper handling, cleanliness and maintenance or work area, equipment, and cold storage areas.
- Ensures that the company cost control policies and procedures are followed.
- Communicate very closely with the Sous-Chef and Head Chef to discuss daily issues with the outlet operation
- Primary area of concern will be the smooth operation
- Personnel should wear their proper and clean uniform at all times, including hat
- Cooking procedures and any food preparation are followed according to standards found in the trainings manual and the recipe program.
- To have the highest food service and presentation in Central Kitchen / outlets.
- The a la minute cooking procedures are set for each meal served in the Central Kitchen / outlets and maintained to assure a high quality food product
- Menu/Food explanation for special menus need to take place on a daily base before opening of restaurant
- Maintain the food operation on a minimum stock, this should happen with a visual and strict supervision
- Follow at all times sanitation procedures and standards.