Science Communicator (Gov't dept)
We are looking for Science Communicator for government department.
- To conduct, assist in planning, content development, liaison, promotion and logistics support for various demonstrations, education programmes, laboratory programmes and workshops organized by the department.
- To assist in coordination of programmes with outside parties and monitor such programmes as required.
- To prepare reports for such programmes as required.
- To teach and assist visitors to operate the exhibits properly and to perform operational duties on selected exhibits.
- To work shifts and assist the Duty Exhibition Hall Officer in coordinating with different sections for daily operation of exhibition hall and crowed control.
- To handle enquiries, complaints, ad hoc incidents or in the department.
- To perform other duties as required.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering from a university in Hong Kong or equivalent.
- Meet the language proficiency requirements of Level 4 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Examination (HKDSEE) or Grade C in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education (HKCEE), or equivalent;
- Speak fluent Cantonese and conversational English and Putonghua.
- Be proficient in using general office computer software, e.g. MS Office (Word and Excel in particular) and Chinese character input (倉頡 / 速成).
- Be mature with good social, communication and customer service skills.
- Preferably have experience in customer service, early childhood education, museum work or laboratory skills.
- Shift duty is required.
Working location: Tsim Sha Tsui
Contract Period: 12 months
Working hour: 39 hours per week