Science Communicator (Gov't dept)
We are looking for Science Communicator for government department.
- To conduct, assist in planning, content development, liaison, promotion and logistics support for various demonstrations, education programmes, laboratory programmes and workshops organized by the department.
- To assist in coordination of programmes with outside parties and monitor such programmes as required.
- To prepare reports for such programmes as required.
- To teach and assist visitors to operate the exhibits properly and to perform operational duties on selected exhibits.
- To work shifts and assist the Duty Exhibition Hall Officer in coordinating with different sections for daily operation of exhibition hall and crowed control.
- To handle enquiries, complaints, ad hoc incidents or in the department.
- To perform other duties as required.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering from a university in Hong Kong or equivalent.
- Meet the language proficiency requirements of Level 4 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Examination (HKDSEE) or Grade C in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education (HKCEE), or equivalent;
- Speak fluent Cantonese and conversational English and Putonghua.
- Be proficient in using general office computer software, e.g. MS Office (Word and Excel in particular) and Chinese character input (倉頡 / 速成).
- Be mature with good social, communication and customer service skills.
- Preferably have experience in customer service, early childhood education, museum work or laboratory skills.
- Shift duty is required.
Working location: Tsim Sha Tsui
Contract Period: 12 months
Working hour: 39 hours per week
Please do not provide sensitive info such as HKID, Back Account and Credit Card Number when you apply the job post.
Don't believe in job advertisements requiring barely any experience or qualifications but offering a good sum of money.