Senior Manager, Museum Publishing
Reporting to the Head, Museum Retail and Commerce, the Senior Manager, Museum Publishing is responsible for successfully, creatively and efficiently managing the publication list, from inception through production to sales and ensuring a quality on-brand product is delivered on time and within budget.
You will be responsible for:
- working closely with the Head, Museum Retail & Commerce to develop and lead strategic direction for museum publications inspired by M+ collections and exhibitions;
- leading a team and identifying publication opportunities, developing strategic partnerships with potential parties in order to establish sustainable source income for the business;
- managing the publication lifecycle from concept generation through publication schedule and channels, making sure the end products are on-brand, delivery is on time and within budget;
- providing professional advice to management team related to consumer preferences and behaviours to upkeep the competitive advantage of M+ collection publications as well as the market positioning;
- managing annual budget for publication list including cost management, profit and loss; and
- working closely with other departments to ensure smooth operations of the team.
- possess recognised university degree or above in Business Administration, Fine Arts, Language or other relevant disciplines;
- have at least 10 years of experience in publication business with 5 years of managerial experience;
- have solid knowledge of local publication market particularly for arts & cultural related publications;
- demonstrate solid project management skills with strong organisation, analytical, problem solving skills and result-oriented;
- possess sophisticated editing skills, meticulous and high accuracy;
- have experience in financial management and marketing to drive the museum publication business; and
- possess excellent communication skills and proficient in both written and oral English and Chinese.
For interested parties, please submit your application along with your CV on or before 9 September 2018 via online application or by mail quoting the reference number, name of the position, expected salary and your availability to:
Ms. Michelle ChengWest Kowloon Cultural District AuthorityUnits 608-613, Level 6, Core C, Cyberport 3, 100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicants not being invited for interview within 4 weeks from 9 September 2018 may assume their applications unsuccessful.
All related information will be kept up to 24 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.
For more information
http://www.westkowloon.hk or contact
Ms. Michelle Cheng at 2200-0220
Please do not provide sensitive info such as HKID, Back Account and Credit Card Number when you apply the job post.
Don't believe in job advertisements requiring barely any experience or qualifications but offering a good sum of money.