Senior Publishing Officer
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Museum Publishing, the Senior Publishing Officer is responsible for supporting the publication cycle from inception through production to sales and ensuring a quality on-brand product is delivered on time and within budget.You will be responsible for:
- managing the whole publication process, from research through to editing, managing the proofreading, color matching, verification and validation process, to make sure the publications can be released according to the agreed timeline, budget and quality;
- liaising with internal and external parties to ensure the accuracy of information related to all aspects of the publications including the delivery of Advanced Book Information (ABI) sheets;
- supporting the development of marketing materials and provide content for a variety of promotion channels including but not limited to social media platforms, e-Commerce channels, etc. by collaborating with relevant parties, aiming to drive publicity of the publications; and
- assisting publication partners and merchandising team to monitor sales performance and inventory management.
- possess a recognised university degree;
- have at least 4 years of experience in publishing project management in local market and arts & cultural industry;
- demonstrate strong interest in all aspects of commercial book publishing, from proofreading, color matching, verification and validation to publicity;
- possess solid project management skills, organised, attentive to details and sensitive to figure; and
- have excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese.
For interested parties, please submit your application along with your CV on or before 21 October 2018 via online application or by mail quoting the reference number, name of the position, expected salary and your availability to: Ms. Michelle ChengWest Kowloon Cultural District Authority Units 608-613, Level 6, Core C, Cyberport 3,100 Cyberport Road, Hong KongData collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicants not being invited for interview within 4 weeks from 21 October 2018 may assume their applications unsuccessful. All related information will be kept up to 24 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards. For more information http://www.westkowloon.hk or contact Ms. Michelle Cheng at 2200-0220
Please do not provide sensitive info such as HKID, Back Account and Credit Card Number when you apply the job post.
Don't believe in job advertisements requiring barely any experience or qualifications but offering a good sum of money.