The appointee is responsible for the following duties:
- To undertake teaching activities including but not limited to preparing for classes, classroom instruction, directing projects, student assessment and supervision, grading, providing feedback on assignments and preparation of course materials for both undergraduate and postgraduate programme courses in Mathematics and Statistics and related areas;
- To undertake course coordination and supervise the work of staff involved in courses as Course Coordinator;
- To develop and implement effective instructional methods to facilitate learning and monitor students’ progress in achieving defined learning outcomes on a continuous basis;
- To advise students and deal with queries regarding their studies and to answer enquiries from potential students;
- To assist in course development as well as the design and revision of curriculum offered;
- To assist in the review, adaptation and preparation of learning materials for use by the School;
- To participate in the recruitment, training and supervision of staff including Part-time Tutors; and
- To engage in scholarly activities and participate in School/University activities.
Applicants are required to possess the following:
- A higher degree, preferably a doctorate degree in Statistics or a relevant discipline;
- Strong experience in using statistical software SAS, SPSS and Minitab;
- Relevant teaching experience in the areas of applied statistical, statistical analytics and forecasting modeling; and
- Good command of English and Chinese (preferably including Putonghua).
Candidates with less experience may be considered for the post of Assistant Lecturer.Terms of Appointment
Successful candidate will be appointed on a full-time fixed term contract. Fringe benefits will include annual leave, medical & dental benefits, life insurance coverage and gratuity, where applicable.Application Procedures
Application should be made online through the University’s eRecruitment System.
Deadline: 14 October 2018
Please do not provide sensitive info such as HKID, Back Account and Credit Card Number when you apply the job post.
Don't believe in job advertisements requiring barely any experience or qualifications but offering a good sum of money.